The Twinning Project is seeking to recruit an
Language Assistant to the Resident Twinning Adviser
(RTA Language Assistant)
The Twinning Project “Capacity Building of the Civil Service Bureau of Georgia to Implement the Civil Service Reform” is a joint project between the Republic of Georgia and the Republic of Lithuania, represented by the Civil Service Bureau of Georgia and the Office of the Government of Lithuania.
The objective of the project is to enhance the professionalism of the civil service in Georgia, in line with the Principles of Public Administration, aiming to develop professional standards, impartiality and accountability within the civil service and to improve transparency, accessibility and the quality of services to citizens.
The project is seeking a Language Assistant to the Resident Twinning Adviser (RTA Language Assistant), whose activities include assisting the RTA with co-ordination and management of the Twinning project by translation and interpretation activities. The duration of the contract is 23 months. The planned starting date is November 2018.
The RTA Language Assistant will be hired full time on a service contract and stationed in Tbilisi. The RTA assistant may not have or recently (past 6 months) have had any contractual relation with the beneficiary administration that is the Civil Service Bureau of Georgia.
The tasks of the RTA Language Assistant include:
- Translation and interpretation on a daily basis;
- Translation of all documents related to the project activities (legislation, mission reports, correspondence, Short-Term Experts’ presentations, etc.);
- Interpretation for the RTA and STEs in all meetings, workshops, seminars, conferences, etc.;
- Providing assistance in the preparation of project-related documents;
- Taking part in the Study visits interpreting for Beneficiary institution’s participants and for the RTA;
- Providing assistance with all the office work, organising meetings, help the RTA and the RTA Assistant in everything which is necessary for the smooth operation of the project.
Requirements for the candidates:
The RTA Language Assistant will be recruited in accordance with the following selection criteria:
Required skills and experience:
- Preferably University Degree in English Philology and/or experience with the translation and interpretation not less than 3 years;
-Fluent in spoken and written Georgian with an excellent command of written and spoken English;
-Practical experienced in day-to-day provision of translation and interpretation support to international advisors / experts;
-Experience of international donor funded projects, for example: EU funded projects, such as Twinning projects would be an advantage;
- Excellent Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Internet, etc.);
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
Candidates shall apply for the position on website and send a copy of their CV (in Europass format) with a cover letter in English, by e-mail to email@example.com marked “RTA Language Assistant” 5 november 2018. Short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
The following documents should be annexed in scanned versions to the application:
- Certificate on educational qualification;
- Certificate of language knowledge (if it is available);
-References from previous employer(s) (if it is available).
This project is funded by the European Union