The European Union’s ENI Programme for Georgia EU funded
Twinning Project is seeking to recruit an
Assistant to the Resident Twinning Adviser (RTA Assistant)
The Twinning Project “Capacity Building of the Civil Service Bureau of Georgia to Implement the Civil Service Reform” is a joint project between the Republic of Georgia and the Republic of Lithuania, represented by the Civil Service Bureau of Georgia and the Office of the Government of Lithuania.
The objective of the project is to enhance the professionalism of the civil service in Georgia, in line with the Principles of Public Administration, aiming to develop professional standards, impartiality and accountability within the civil service and to improve transparency, accessibility and the quality of services to citizens.
The project is seeking an Assistant to the Resident Twinning Adviser (RTA Assistant), whose activities include assisting the RTA with co-ordination and management of the Twinning project. The duration of the contract is 23 months. The planned starting date is November 2018.
The RTA assistant will be hired full time on a service contract and stationed in Tbilisi. The RTA assistant may not have or recently (past 6 months) have had any contractual relation with the beneficiary administration that is the Civil Service Bureau of Georgia.
The tasks of the RTA Assistant include:
- Assisting the RTA in the day-to-day implementation of the project;
- Office management;
- Undertaking general administration duties required for project implementation;
- Maintaining close working relationships and dialogue with BC administration and counterparts;
- Maintaining filing systems and arranging for the exchange of information between project participants;
- Taking care of mission preparations and filing mission reports, time sheets and mission certificates;
- Organization of seminars, training events, meetings and other visits out of Georgia;
- Preparation of quarterly Project Steering Committee Meetings including preparation of Quarter Interim Reports;
- Acting as translator/interpreter, when necessary;
- The RTA Assistant will be recruited in accordance with the following selection criteria.
Required skills and experience:
- Preferably University Degree in Law, Public Administration, Management or any other discipline relevant for the position;
- Fluent in spoken and written Georgian with an excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Practical experienced in day-to-day provision of translation and interpretation support to international advisors / experts;
- Proven experience in office management and project administration;
- Experience of international donor funded projects, for example: EU funded projects, such as Twinning projects would be an advantage;
- Excellent Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Internet, etc.);
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
Candidates shall apply for the position on website and send a copy of their CV (in Europass format) with a cover letter in English, by e-mail to email@example.com marked “RTA Assistant” by 5 november 2018. Short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
The following documents should be annexed in scanned versions to the application:
- Certificate on educational qualification;
- Certificate of language knowledge (if it is available);
- References from previous employer(s) if it is available.
This project is funded by the European Union